This is the last chance for a lucky reader to let me know that they have a death wish. Let me know if you’d like to see your name as one of the victims in the forthcoming novella, and I’ll be delighted to add your name to the draw.
Kurgan is coming soon. This title will be the fourth novella in the series of dark tales from Innsmouth and I’m thrilled with the way it’s developing. I’m revisiting old characters from the first two books and some dark secrets are being exposed in this unhealthy little seaside town.
Sad to say, there are going to be some deaths. Residents of Innsmouth, as long-term readers will know, are not renowned for their longevity. And I don’t think it helps that I’ve killed several readers of the dark tales from Innsmouth. Chris Moriarty, Lou Beecroft and Stephen Stroud were readers who died in Unearthed. David Middleton, Abigail Parnell and Emmanuel Tully were readers who died in Cursed.
So, if you fancy being slain in Kurgan (and I promise you now, it won’t be pretty), then send me an email email@example.com and I’ll happily put your name in the draw.
Would you like to see your name in print on the pages of Ashley Lister’s next book?
Are you ready to be killed off in style as one of Ashley Lister’s unfortunate victims?
Ashley Lister is giving one lucky reader the chance to be named in his upcoming novella, Kurgan.
He’s writing it right now – and wants to kill off one reader in a gory and bloody murder.
All you need to do, to be in with a chance, is contact Ashley (firstname.lastname@example.org) and share (on any or all social media) the images and links he sends by return.
The winner, picked at random, will lend their name to one of Ashley’s new characters, who will be killed off in a gruesome and unpleasant fashion. The closing date is May 14th 2021 so, please get in touch as soon as possible.
We’ll announce the winner(s) on the publication day of Kurgan (June 1st 2021). Good luck!
Terms and Conditions
- This Competition is organised by Ashley Lister (“Promoter”). The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or these Terms without notice at any time, including, without limitation, in the event of an act of God or any other event outside the Promoter’s reasonable control. The Promoter shall notify all entrants of any such cancellation or amendment.
- Only one entry per person is permitted. Each entrant must be aged 16 or over. Promoter also reserves the right to remove any entries from the competition it determines, at its sole discretion, to be in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter, entrants must contact the Promoter at email@example.com expressing their interest to be a victim in the story. The Promoter will then send the entrant images and links for them to share information of this competition and the forthcoming title on social media.
- By submitting your entry form, you:
- consent to the Promoter publishing and/or disclosing your name if you win a prize;
- hereby grant to Promoter a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty free, perpetual licence to feature any or all of the content submitted to the Promoter in any media for publicity and marketing purposes, along with your image, likeness, voice or name.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is 14.05.2021 (“Closing Date”).
- The winner will be the first correct answer chosen at random by 15.05.2021 by Promoter under the supervision of an independent observer. The Promoter’s selection is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- The winner shall be notified via email by 21.05.2021 and must respond accepting the prize via email within seven (7) calendar days of receipt of the foregoing notification email from Promoter. To accept the prize, the winner shall be required to provide to Promoter a release of the use of the winner’s name and consent to the use of the winner’s name in the publication, advertising and/or promotion of Ashley Lister’s next novel, in any editions or revisions thereof, in any languages and formats and in any medium throughout the world. If a selected winner does not accept the prize via email within seven (7) calendar days of receipt of the notification email from the Promoter, the Promoter may select another winner. Any winner that is not qualified to enter the competition shall be disqualified. The Promoter is not liable for any inability to contact with any entrant due to errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contract details provided by an entrant on an entry form or due to technical problems preventing the Promoter from obtaining accurate contact details, including, without limitation, any acts or omissions by any third party service provider.
- The prize is the use of the winner’s first name as the name of a character in Ashley Lister’s next novel. The Promoter and the author reserve the right to change or modify the winner’s first name (including, without limitation, the spelling of the name) for purposes of inclusion in the author’s next novel at their sole discretion.
- The prize is non-transferable, no money alternative is available, and no part of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions. The prize not valid with other offers.
- The Promotor shall have no liability for any losses or damages which may be suffered by an entrant (or any person claiming under or through the entrant), whether the same are suffered directly or indirectly or are immediate or consequential, and whether the same arise in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise howsoever, but Promotor does not exclude liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Promotor
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any other liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- No forbearance or delay by either party in enforcing its rights shall prejudice or restrict the rights of that party, and no waiver of any such rights or of any breach of any contractual terms shall be deemed to be a waiver of any other right or of any later breach. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is judged to be illegal or unenforceable, the continuation in full force and effect of the remainder of the provisions will not be prejudiced. None of these Terms is intended to confer a benefit on, or to be enforceable by, any person other than the entrant or Promotor.
- These Terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with these Terms will be governed by English law. The courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms.
- Any questions, comments or complaints about this competition, or to obtain the name of the winner, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Kurgan Competition” in the subject heading.
- By entering into this competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (and by any other requirements or limitations set forth in promotional materials relating to this competition) which may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter.