“A REALLY GOOD BOOK.” 5/5 stars.
Have I mentioned my erotic romance title: A Taste of Passion (Sweet Temptation Book #1).
A Taste of Passion is an erotic romance that takes place in the kitchens of a celebrated restaurant.
The book, as you may know, is a romance set in a Michelin-starred restaurant. Consequently, I’ve been doing a lot of baking and made these cheeky little fellows last week. After being prompted by a couple of writers that I love, I thought I’d share the recipe. These ones are truly delicious.
280g/10oz plain white flour
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/8 teaspoon of salt
115g/4 oz golden caster sugar
100g/ 3 1/2oz coarsely chopped pecan nuts
2 medium eggs
75 ml/2 1/2 fl oz of maple syrup, AND 3 tbsp extra for glazing.
175ml/6 fl oz of buttermilk
6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
12 pecan nut halves
1) Preheat the oven to 2000C/4000F/Gas Mark 6. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cases.
2) Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and chopped pecan nuts.
3) Beat the eggs in a large jug then add the extra virgin olive oil, 75ml of maple syrup and the buttermilk. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the beaten liquid ingredients. Stir gently until just combined: don’t over mix.
4) Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin. Finish each muffin with a pecan half. Bake in the preheated oven for 18 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
5) Leave the muffins in the tin for 5 minutes then brush the tops with the remaining maple syrup to glaze. You can either serve these warm or transfer them to a wire rack and leave to cool.
NB – These muffins are ideal to enjoy whilst you’re reading a good book, such as A Taste of Passion.