Last month saw the release of my erotic romance title: A Taste of Passion (Sweet Temptation Book #1).
A Taste of Passion is an erotic romance that takes place in the kitchens of a celebrated restaurant.
As I mentioned the last time I shared a recipe here, I pride myself on the meticulous research I put into every title. Consequently, I thought I’d share another of the recipes I worked on whilst developing this book. These ones are truly delicious.
Cherry & Coconut Muffins
250ml/4 fl oz coconut milk
280g/8oz plain white flour
40g/1½oz of dessicated coconut
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/8 teaspoon of salt
115g/4 oz golden caster sugar
125g/4½oz glace cherries
2 medium eggs
6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla bean exract
12 cherries with stalks
1) Preheat the oven to 2000C/4000F/Gas Mark 6. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cases. Dice the glace cherries into small pieces.
2) Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar dessicated coconut and diced glace cherries.
3) Beat the eggs in a large jug then beat in the coconut milk with the extra virgin olive oil and the vanilla bean extract. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the beaten liquid ingredients. Stir gently until just combined: don’t over mix.
4) Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin. Finish each muffin by placing a whole fresh cherry on the top. Bake in the preheated oven for 18 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
5) Leave the muffins in the tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
6) Decorate to taste and serve.
NB – These muffins are ideal to enjoy whilst you’re reading a good book, such as A Taste of Passion.